- 4 active jobs (view)
Monteregie East Partnership for the English-Speaking Community (MEPEC) is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to serve the interests of the English-speaking community of the Montérégie East (South Shore of Montréal, Québec).
MEPEC is currently recruiting for a Senior’s Wellness, Outreach and Liaison Coordinator to be responsible for working in collaboration with community and public partners in order to facilitate access to seniors’ activities, projects and programs, provide support and create links to community resources for the English-speaking community of Montérégie East.
- Arrange and coordinate all activities under the projects and programs under the Seniors Wellness Centre
- Participate in the development of detail project plans for each project.
- Meet with stakeholders and/or partners to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation on different aspects of the project scope and objectives, milestones, tracking and reporting.
- Develop activity schedules for the year according to the needs of members
- Network, represent MEPEC and the English-speaking community and create partnerships with regional community organizations and partners in order to help adapt the services in English for seniors.
- Collaborate with existing resources to ensure quality in the services provided and to refer English-speaking citizens to appropriate programs and services
- Outreach and remove barriers for seniors to access health information and to raise awareness about services available.
- Develop MEPEC's visibility as a resource center for the English-speaking community in the Montérégie East region.
- Ensure that activities contribute to the achievement of the MEPEC’s programs such as Seniors Wellness Centre Program, New Horizon, Programme Action Aînés Québec and Canadian Heritage.
- Performs other related duties related to the objectives of MEPEC.
- Hold a college-level degree (DEC technical 3 years) in social or health sciences, preferably the social services profile. Experience in working with the community and organizing activities are considered in lieu of the required academic diploma.
- Proven experience working with the community developement, organizing activities, management, and working with seniors (an asset)
- General first aid card in good standing, an asset
- Knowledge, experience, and proficiency of relevant software programs (MS Office suite) and computer skills
- Demonstrate excellent English and French language (written and spoken)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in animation and seniors’ community concertation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional autonomy and ability to work independently as well as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Strong good written and documentation skills
- Organizational skills
- Active listening, respect and discretion.
- Effective verbal and listening skills.
- Open-minded, adaptable, cooperative.
Conditions of Employment
- This position is based on a working schedule of 35 hours per week.
- It will be possible to work from home for a maximum of 2 days per week
- Date of contract: June 19, 2023 to March 31, 2024 with possibility of renewal
- The salary range for this position is from $24.60 to $28.30 per hours
- Benefits: 3-week vacation after 1 year, one-week paid vacation at Christmas, 13 holidays, 3% employer contribution to pension plan, group insurance with 50% employer contribution, flexible hours, 2-day annual cabin retreat, frequent company activities and tuition reimbursement.
Interested candidates must send a letter of introduction along with their résumé.