Are you a creative based in Montreal, aged 18 to 30, eager to transform your passion for graphic design into a rewarding career?
If you’re intrigued by the design world, but lack the neccesary training, a robust portfolio, or proficiency in French, you’re in the right place!
Welcome to CREATE: the ultimate graphic design career accelerator tailored for aspiring designers in Montreal
CREATE – Career Readiness + Employability Advancement Through Education – is a hybrid, fully paid work and educational experience designed to equip young talents with the skills and expertise required to excel as graphic designers in today’s competitive landscape. We give you the employability and technical skills necessary to succeed in today’s evolving workforce!
WHAT THE PROGRAM OFFERS
- 12 weeks of continuous, full-time training and internship experience.
- Hybrid workshops hosted by both YES Employment + Entrepreneurship and Presentation Matters, a local graphic design agency with over 25 years in the industry.
- The training covers topics ranging from crafting a marketable CV, producing a strategic job search plan, and preparing for interviews, to managing and setting goals, communicating effectively in English and French, developing a portfolio, carrying out projects using the Adobe Suite, and more.
Ready to CREATE your future?
We’re in search of 4 motivated English-speaking Montrealers (anglophone or allophone) eager to develop their employability and design skills in order to launch a successful career in the graphic design industry. Does this sound like you?
Cohort 2 program runs from February 26 to June 7, 2024
FAQs FOR PARTICIPANTS
1. How do I know if I'm eligible for CREATE?
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old (inclusive) at the time of selection.
- Be a part of the Official Language Minority Community in Quebec (i.e., an English-speaker, anglophone or allophone, with no or limited French).
- Have minimal or no prior graphic design training (less than 3 months).
- Not currently enrolled or attending any educational programs.
- Be unemployed or underemployed with little or no work experience, and in need of assistance to overcome barriers to employment.
- Not be in receipt of employment insurance or social assistance, unless otherwise specified by Canada.
- Be available for 12 weeks (about 3 months) for 33 hours per week for full-time, uninterrupted employability and design skills training.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Be entitled to work in Canada according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
2. Does the program pay its participants?
Participants are paid minimum wage ($15.25 hourly) for a total of 33 hours per week throughout the duration of the program.
3. The training occurs at both YES and Presentation Matters. How much time do participants spend at each location?
Participants will spend 2 days at YES and 3 days at Presentation Matters.
4. Is CREATE an internship program?
Similar to an internship, CREATE is a paid work and educational experience. Participants will leave with 3 months of experience in the graphic design industry.
5. Is there a certificate of completion?
Yes, participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the program.
6. Do I need to be a Canadian citizen to participate?
Participants must be: a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, and be entitled to work in Canada according to relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
7. I am receiving government assistance. Can I still join the program?
Participants must not be in receipt of employment insurance or social assistance unless otherwise specified by Canada.
8. I have work experience and/or a post-secondary degree. Am I still eligible?
9. I don't speak French. Am I still eligible?
Yes, you are still eligible. CREATE is designed for English-speakers, and includes French for the Workforce training throughout the duration of the program.
Interested in learning more? Ready to sign up for the program?
Fill out the form with your name, email, and message, and our program coordinator will get back to you within 48 hours!