Monteregie East Partnership for the English-Speaking Community (MEPEC) is a not-for-Profit organization whose mission is to serve the interests of the English-speaking community of the Montérégie East. MEPEC researches a full-time Youth and Family Coordinator to manage its Early Childhood, youth and family projects.
- Establish, develop, and maintain harmonious collaboration and relationships with various community, public and/or private organizations throughout the region and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance MEPEC’s mission and projects.
- Collaborate with service providers to ensure that English-speaking youth and families receive the most appropriate services
- Organize and coordinate all MEPEC early childhood, youth and family projects
- Research, compile, develop and maintain knowledge bases and inventories of community resources in order to raise awareness of available services and allow for adaptation of services when necessary
- Participate and represent MEPEC in regional and provincial tables, committee meetings and symposiums and help develop a collective community vision for change in access to resources for English-speakers
- Performs other related duties related to the objectives of MEPEC.
- Graduate degree in social development, recreation or have worked at least 2 years in a field related to administration or community action
- Experience in community and social development (an asset)
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite and computer skills
- Demonstrate excellent English and French language (written and spoken)
- Strong sense of organization and good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a great deal of autonomy, adaptability and flexibility
- Strong team player
Conditions of Employment
- This position is based on a working schedule of 35 hours per week.
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- MEPEC’s office is in Beloeil, but the person will be required to travel occasionally.
- The salary for this position ranges from $24.60 to $27.80 per hours.
- Telework for a minimum of 2 days per week
- 4% and one week of paid vacation at Christmas
- Group insurance after 3 months of service
- Flexible hours
- Weekends starting at 1:30 pm on Fridays
- 12 days of statutory vacations
Interested candidates must send an English letter of introduction, explaining their reasons for wanting to work for MEPEC, along with their English résumé to the attention of Ms. Karoll-Ann Carrier no later than, October 29, 2021, by e-mail at: [email protected].