We are about building communities, not just networks. We believe that people are at the heart of everything we do. We’re committed to making life better for our customers, our employees, and the communities where we live and work. Founded in the underserved Toronto neighbourhood of Liberty Village, we've always understood the importance of connection. That's why we committed ourselves to building a fibre-optic network throughout the community and have continued to expand our network ever since. For 30+ years, we have been proud to build, own, and operate an extensive & robust fibre-optic network throughout Toronto & Montreal. Now with 400+ employees, we continue to deploy our own construction, fibre splicing, installation, network operations and support teams. Our services are delivered to thousands of commercial and residential service addresses using Beanfield owned facilities.
We Are Community: People first, always. We build trust through empathy and honesty. We align around our collective purpose. We are service of the whole. We are stronger together than we could ever be alone. When we show up for each other, we can create anything. Being in community is what gives us purpose and meaning.
We Are Different: We know who we are and are creating our own destiny. We see the world differently. We explore. We are curious. We go first and do what others haven’t done before. By thinking differently, we build better.
We Cherish Momentum: Momentum is more than just being busy or ticking items off our to-do list. It's about nurturing our ideas, creating rituals and routines that align with our priorities, and staying optimistic in the face of setbacks. It's about feeling in control and being confident that we can find solutions to whatever problems come our way.
Purpose of the Role:
Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding position that utilizes your problem-solving skills in a challenging and fast-paced environment? We are looking for a talented Technical Support Analyst to join our Beanfield Family and provide exceptional customer experience.
At Beanfield, we pride ourselves in enabling people, communities, and businesses to stay connected through our independently owned internet, phone, and IPTV services. Established in 1988, we’ve grown significantly over the last few years; in headcount, and in buildings we service. One thing that hasn’t changed: the quality of interactions between our growing Ontario & Quebec customer base. Our Technical Support team understands the importance behind providing world-class support while providing outstanding customer experience.
Genuine, customer-centric, detail-oriented and tech-savvy are some of the qualities we’re looking for. The ideal candidate will embody the Beanfield spirit and guide residential and commercial customers from troubleshooting to hardware maintenance and support. Your work may include configuring, and updating hardware and software, as well as fixing any equipment related issues that may arise.
Are you ready to be our next Technical Support superstar?
- Provision, hand-off, maintenance, and support of DWDM, Dark Fibre, Private lines, Internet, Metro Wave, DDoS, Voice over IP
- Configure and troubleshoot customer-facing network infrastructures such as Cisco IOS/XR/XE, Junos, GPON
- Troubleshoot and identify customer LAN issues, including WIFI configuration and general support during remote troubleshooting
- Identify trends and usage patterns for the purpose of identifying network events that may require escalation
- Direct customer escalations to the appropriate product teams
- Follow standard helpdesk procedures
- Assist Help Desk Analysts and other departments as needed
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, concepts, practices, and procedures and potential impact on business
- Must be available 24/7 for all shifts
- Any future front-line issues that might be created because of new products/services as well as any other duties as assigned by your manager
Skills & Qualifications:
- The concept of the OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) reference model for how applications communicate over a network, Routed protocols such as TCP/IP version 4 and version 6 as well as an understanding of CIDR address allocation, Layer 2 switching
- Understanding of GPON is an asset
- Conceptual understanding of hosted voice network service delivery
- IP allocation mechanisms such as DHCP, static assignments, and subnetting
- Must have their CCNA or CCNP