NOTE: Our headquarters are in Ottawa but this position is Remote, anywhere in Canada! A great opportunity!
High Tech Genesis has an immediate opening for a Sr. Backend Software Developer who will:
- Develop new products/solutions using agile software development practices.
- Design APIs following industry standards and show an ability to understand pros and cons of different patterns.
- Test software through automation and CI/CD integration pipelines.
- Communicate with the team through meetings, demos, and documentation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in developing cloud-native Java Spring Boot (or equivalent) applications
- Skilled in designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience designing and implementing solutions using SQL/NoSQL databases (MySQL/Elasticsearch)
- Ability to deliver production quality software backed by automated tests
- Interested in performance analysis and tuning
- Familiarity with cloud native infrastructure and SaaS
- Experience with event-driven architecture
- Experience with containers, microservices, and related technologies and design patterns
- Understanding with orchestration and configuration management tools (Ansible/Chef/Puppet/Salt)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Skilled with CI/CD pipelines
- Self-starter, motivated individual who loves to learn and be challenged
- Team player who can collaborate within cross-functional teams
- Good communicator who communicates technical ideas clearly and concisely
- degree in Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar field OR equivalent experience
Why you will want to be a part of our team!
- You’ll get to work with some of the smartest individuals in the business.
- We believe in work-life balance and believe it’s important to love what you do.
- We have adopted a hybrid work model to create an inclusive working environment for everyone.
- We offer top-notch training programs.
Note 1: If applying to this job in Canada: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 5: Salary is commensurate with experience.