4 to 5 days a week
The mission of Auberge Shalom pour femmes is to provide a safe shelter, counselling, and advocacy support for the full diversity of women and children affected by conjugal violence, as well as to break the cycle of intimate partner violence through education, prevention and advocacy. Auberge Shalom pour femmes has a special mandate to serve women from the Jewish community. The organization operates from two separate sites. One site runs a 12-bed shelter and the other site is an external counselling office that also offers a Supporting Resilience Program. Both sites offer a range of services to address the needs of women and children affected by intimate partner abuse.
We want you to be part of our team!
Enjoy advantageous conditions such as:
- Pension plan and group insurance
- 3 weeks vacation (6%)*
- 9 days of sick, mental health and personal leave*
- 5 additional statutory holidays (on top of Quebec statutory holidays)*
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities
- A collaborative and mobilizing management style and a supportive team
And many other benefits...
Make a difference, be part of the Auberge Shalom Team!
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shelter work: To provide frontline services to shelter clients which include telephone intake and support services, crisis intervention, psychosocial assessments, supportive counselling and support groups, resources, advocacy work and collaboration with other social services and professionals.
- Outreach and Education: To participate in community projects, external committees, represent the center at events and conferences, participate in research or lobbying initiatives that relate to the ASPF’s clientele.
- Organizational Life: To participate in team meetings, work planning, committees, annual events, and collaborate with center volunteers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Social Work
- Experience in working with conjugal violence
- Experience in crisis intervention
- Knowledge and experience working in a strengths based and a trauma-informed approach
- Strong case management skills and experience
- Knowledge of Jewish community and customs and cultural competencies
- Flexibility and ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within team
- Motivation, empathy, flexibility, organization
- Bilingual in French and English to better serve our diverse clientele
- Experience working with children
- Ability to communicate in a third language
- Educational background in women’s studies or related field
- Permanent position
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Schedule: 4-5 days a week
- Competitive rate based on prior experience and academic qualifications
- Starting salary: $31.16/h
OUR UNIQUE CULTURE
Auberge Shalom is a special, highly inclusive work environment that values the role each employee plays in supporting our critical mission to break the cycle of intimate partner violence. Through both individual and group supervision driven by our supportive and learning- focused environment, coupled by our professional development/training opportunities, we strive for each employee to reach their full potential.
We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness, and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values strong work ethics, diversity and respect for all.
Please send a cover Letter and current CV addressing how you meet the necessary qualifications and outlining why you want to work for ASPF to [email protected]. Please put “Shelter Counsellor” in the subject line of the email.
Auberge Shalom pour femmes is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve and thus strongly encourages people from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.
*note: prorated based on a 35h work week