This exciting part-time (3 days per week) position requires someone with experience coordinating and organizing arts events. The ideal candidate is familiar with the arts scene in Montreal and is a self-starter with exceptional attention to detail and can adapt quickly to respond to various stakeholder demands. The ideal candidate also has an affinity for the non-profit sector.
Reporting directly to the Director of Entrepreneurship and Program Development, the Project Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that YES’s Arts support programs (What the POP, & Business Skills for Creative Souls Conference) are executed to the highest possible standards. The successful candidate pays strict attention to detail, thrives on rigid deadlines, juggling multiple tasks and concurrent events, working independently AND in a collaborative team environment, all while delivering excellent client service and having a passion for the arts.
Responsibilities will include:
Seminars and webinars
• Support the Artist Business Coach in the production of 6 workshops on Sales, 3 Pop-up exhibitions workshops and 10+ business related webinars per year
• In collaboration with the marketing team, aid in the participant/attendee logistics, including registration, confirmation and follow up reminders, as well as providing lead up to and in-event support
• Coordinate workshops logistics, with a strong focus on virtual delivery (Zoom)
• Execution of event: virtual delivery (set up and support), venue set up (when live), keep program on time, support speakers’ AV needs, etc.
• Maintain and update pre- and post-event reporting
• Develop surveys and conduct analysis to gain insight into future arts programming
• Work with Artists Business Coach and Events Coordinator to plan events
• Manage a series of art Pop-Ups which includes participant/attendee logistics, including call for submission, confirmation and follow up reminders, as well as providing support
• Provide support to the Artists Conference Committee by being a liaison with conference speakers, pre-and postcommunication, and data entry into a CRM
• Provide input on the design for event promotional material – e.g. digital marketing collateral, print brochure, program
• Execution of on-site or virtual event logistics
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary degree in relevant field
• At least three years’ experience working in a coordinator role – in the events, Arts or learning and development field would be a bonus
• Digitally savvy … CRM/database management, video conference, event platforms and social media
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office required
• Very detail-focused and organized – your high standards are reflected in your work
• Motivated with strong follow through and self-direction on assignments
• Respects and adheres to timelines and deadlines
• Flexible – able to shift gears quickly
• You see attention-to-detail as a way of life and take pride in your work
• Personable, positive, friendly
+ Bilingual (French and English)
Send both your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. YES values the diversity of the people it hires and serves and is committed to equal-opportunity employment.