We make video games that inspire seniors to exercise and live a better, longer and healthier life.
Jintronix is a Montreal healthcare startup backed by Seattle-based Madrona Venture Group. We're a profitable company expanding our presence in the physical rehabilitation and senior living market. Thousands of people are playing our games on their way to recovery from stroke, surgery and falls in healthcare settings across North America.
We're building a new product and growing our team.
Our latest innovation is underway for seniors living at home, where we can help people before they need medical care. If you're an innovative and creative soul who wants to be part of a team solving big healthcare problems for a rapidly growing aging population, we'd love to hear from you.
To learn more visit: careers.jintronix.com
This position is two-fold. As the User Researcher, you’ll interact directly with users, observing and learning from their experiences to better inform product design. You’ll also test new features as part of our quality assurance process before they’re released to all users.
If you have a keen attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills, we’d love for you to join our team. This is a part-time paid position with flexible hours, averaging 15/week.
The pay is $22/hour. This job can be performed from home.
- Develop research questions and objectives to orient user testing sessions/semi-structured interviews with users
- Coordinate and lead one-on-one testing sessions with older adults, prioritizing the creation of a judgement-free setting while monitoring their physical safety
- Conduct thematic analyses of the user testing sessions to synthesize the main findings and integrate them with company goals to recommend actionable next steps in a timely manner
- Build trusting relationships with older adults using the program
- Identify usability problems with new features that detract from patients’ and clinicians’ user-friendly experience, and communicate to team
- Collaborate directly with the software developers in an agile development environment to develop plans for testing new features
- Run quality assurance tests to ensure the software works effectively, accurately, and safely as intended
- Document and communicate results
- Ability to consider the unique experiences and physical/cognitive challenges of older adults when testing new features and games, and coming up with recommendations
- Strong work ethic and keen attention to detail
- Clear and concise writing in English
- Deep passion for learning new skills while working on innovative products
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (particularly empathy, patience, and listening skills)
- Reasonably flexible schedule to accommodate playtesters’ availability and team deadlines
- High degree of initiative
Pluses if you have any of the following
- Qualitative research experience
- Experience reviewing and summarizing clinical studies
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience working with older adults
- Education in a related field, for example, Kinesiology, Physical or Occupational Therapy, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Gerontology
Send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Part Time User Researcher- [Name]”.