Location: MWS Camps Montreal, McGill University
Start date: June 19 - August 6th. This is a residential position.
Compensation: $5500 for contract period (7 weeks). Contract terms include all meals, single room accommodation, and entrance to all excursions and activities. Position will have 1 day off per week.
Established in 1983, MWS Student Camps has welcomed thousands of young people from more than 50 nations to our camps. From the beginning, we have strived to offer and operate innovative, vibrant, and exciting programmes. Our MWS Montreal Camp is centrally located at McGill University allowing us access to so much the city has to offer and immerse our students with Canadian culture.
Our Office Director will be responsible for scheduling and publishing information to families, staff, etc. This includes but is not limited to coordinating airport transfers, staff days off, reconfirming reservations and updating numbers with bookings. This position will be responsible for the daily communications between MWS Montreal and our McGill contacts. The Office director will be responsible for ensuring the proper supplies are being bought and administering funds to staff for business expenses where needed. This person will be responsible for camper check ins, liaison with parents, and answering the office phone. This position will report to the Camp Coordinator and supervise the Office Assistant.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain positive working relations and communicate effectively with MWS stakeholders
- Finalize bookings for both language camps for excursions, meals, etc.
- Generate and maintain camper and employee files
- Support Camp Coordinator with training activities and workshops
- Assist Camp Coordinator with maintaining accurate record of expenses and oversee/administer budget
- Maintain camper and staff confidentiality at all times
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-Secondary Student or higher
- Experience working in an administrative setting
- Must be bilingual in French and English
- Fluency in other languages is an asset but not required
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and appreciated of diversity and social inclusivity
- Able to work collaboratively with MWS Staff
- Strong conflict resolution skills
Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please include the job title in the subject line.
Selected candidates will be contacted with interview offers.
Please visit https://mwscamps.com/about-us/ for more information.