First Capital [TSX: FCR.UN] owns, manages and develops grocery-anchored open-air centres in neighbourhoods with the strongest demographics in Canada. As one of Canada’s top employers, we foster a vibrant culture that ensures equal opportunity and well-being for all employees in a dynamic workplace. We are proud to provide rewarding opportunities to build meaningful careers in a fun and high performing environment.
As Office Coordinator, Workplace Experience, you will be responsible for delivering a positive office experience and world-class workplace services that make coming to work better than ever. First Capital have been selected as a top employer multiple years in a row, and behind that nomination is a team that cares about the overall employee experience. You will very much be an essential part of this team in creating a unique, supportive and comfortable atmosphere by welcoming visitors and supporting all employee-facing services.
Because you will be so integral to the operations of our Montreal office (based in Saint-Leonard), you will be required to be on-site every weekday with flexible work time; meaning you will get to make a weekly schedule that works best for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Report to and provide administrative support to the Manager, Workplace Experience.
- Respond to incoming calls, directs callers to the proper individual/teams and answer to inquiries.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, and interoffice mail.
- Organize the onboarding and new hire packages for all employees.
- Manage security access card system and ensure documentation is current and accurate.
- Conduct Fire Safety and Emergency training and drills as a key member of the Health and Safety committee team.
- Handle the ordering of all office supplies and ensure the office kitchen is always stocked.
- Organize various events for staff including monthly lunches.
- Process invoices for general office expenses, accruals and petty cash.
- Manage the coordination of all maintenance issues within the office with the property management team or external contractors.
- Coordinate with department managers regarding space planning and new employee setup.
- Ensure office floor plans and health and safety plans are always kept up to date.
- Participate in other projects, as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- First and foremost, you care about providing exceptional customer service.
- You are fully bilingual in French and English.
- A true people person! You have excellent communication skills, and you know how to create connections and lasting first impressions.
- You can work independently while being a strong team player; willing to step in, lend a hand as needed, and identify opportunities to do so.
- You have solid computer skills coupled with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).
WHAT WE OFFER:
We invest in People. Along with our competitive compensation packages—we’re always thinking of new ways for our people to share in the company’s success. We are very proud to offer the following to our employees:
- Flexible Hours
- Company-matched savings plans
- Annual Wellness Subsidy
- Tuition & Development Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Paid time off during December holiday season
- Parental leave benefits
Our people are what makes us different. At First Capital we are committed to workplace diversity and inclusion within our organization, therefore, we encourage all qualified persons from all backgrounds to apply. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. To discuss any accommodation, please email us at [email protected]