The Montérégie-Est Partnership for the English-Speaking Community is a non-profit organization whose mission is to serve the interests of the English-speaking community of the Montérégie-Est. Our office is located in Beloeil.
MEPEC is currently recruiting for a Mental Health Coordinator who will act as a liaison between the community and the different mental health service providers in the Montérégie. The coordinator will also map out the available services and assist in the coordination of partnership meetings.
- Coordinate all aspects of our Mental Well-being initiative and maintain our partnership initiative with other community organizations.
- Coordinate partnership meetings with stakeholders in the field of mental well-being.
- Represent the organizations and the English-speaking community with regional community organizations, health institutions and bodies.
- Write/translate information documents/bulletins concerning the assigned programs for the benefit of the members of the English-speaking community.
- Develop and implement information tools to raise awareness about services available and how to access them for the English-speaking community.
- Participate in regional and provincial meetings and symposiums on relevant programs.
- Write narrative reports required by the funders.
- Execute any other related tasks.
This is a permanent position and is based on a working schedule of 35 hours per week. Occasionally, the person will be asked to attend evening or weekend activities. The position is based in Beloeil, but two days can be done form home and the person will be required to travel occasionally. The salary for this position ranges from $23.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- College, university degree or significant experience in a related field (academic background in health or social services would be an asset).
- Able to take initiative and perform in a fast-paced environment requiring innovative thinking and adaptability.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a coordination capacity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (MS Office suite).
- Fluent in both French and English and access to a car.
If this position interests you, please forward your curriculum vitae and an English cover letter to Ms. Danica Logan.
We thank all applicants and will contact only those selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 18 months
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Occasional weekends and evenings may be requires
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- community development: 2 years (preferred)
- French (required)
- English (required)