Black Theatre Workshop is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join its team. The Coordinator has the broad responsibility for the effective marketing and communications strategies for the Theatre, and of maintaining a consistent image in line with the strategic plan.
Black Theatre Workshop (BTW) is Canada’s longest running theatre company dedicated to the works of Black and diasporic communities. BTW’s mission is to promote and produce outstanding theatre that educates, entertains and inspires. The company strives to create greater cross-cultural understanding by challenging its audience and the status quo. Expanding the representation of Black Canadian artists, BTW bridges cultural divides – uniting hearts, minds and communities.
Working with the Artistic Director and Managing Director, the Coordinators’ tasks and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Planning, coordinating and implementing our strategic marketing plan, within the stated objectives and time-lines.
- Planning, coordinating and executing communication and promotional initiatives and strategies to achieve box office goals for productions and events.
- Coordinate our social media presence with the Social Media Manager (on contract).
- Day to day website updating as needed.
- Write press releases and coordinate distribution and media calls with Publicist (on contract).
- Establish and coordinate media sponsorships.
- Develop or coordinate the creation of all promotional and publicity materials to ensure a consistent branding throughout.
- Coordinate with and support the marketing needs of our fundraising efforts, including any design or print elements in the general areas of donations, sponsorships, and events.
- Help expand our current marketing activities with new initiatives.
- Be a representative for the Theatre within our communities.
- Excellent communication skills (in English and French)
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs
- Comfortable with WordPress (proficiency with Divi would be an asset)
- Comfortable with various graphic software
- Proficient in social media and web-based marketing and communications
- Able to work in a fast passed environment with tight deadlines
- Able to work from home or in our Montreal office
Hours: Full-time 35 hours/week
Salary: $30,000-$34,000 including 4 weeks paid vacation
Black Theatre Workshop is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from all qualified applicants.