Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing Assistant/Graphic Designer performs a variety of administrative, marketing and communication responsibilities. You will work closely with the Executive Director and the Outreach Coordinator to manage AGI’s web properties while assisting with day to day marketing, administrative support and fundraising initiatives.
About Alzheimer Groupe Inc (AGI)
Located in Montreal, Quebec, Alzheimer Groupe Inc (AGI) is a charitable organization that offers therapeutic programs to individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Additionally, AGI provides support services to families and professional care partners, focusing on best practices in dementia care, while sensitizing the community at large through education and awareness.
- In-Office, Part-time – 28 hours/week (4 days per week)
- Tuesday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Occasional evenings as required by events and programming needs
- Telework as determined by the Executive Director. If employees are required to work from home because of public health mandates, staff are required to be available for emails, calls and meetings during regular business hours providing effective and prompt communication while completing all job responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Essential duties such as answering and routing phone calls, responding to emails
- General assistance to visitors and clients
- Administrative support for fundraising, events and support service initiatives
- Create and manage online registration forms for events, programs and activities through Donor Perfect platform; data entry of statistical information
- Regularly update AGI’s website to ensure information on programs, activities, events and the organization is current.
- Execute social media campaigns and engage with the public on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
- Track and report digital/social media usage metrics
- Create and manage newsletter, promotional and fundraising campaigns using Constant Contact platform
- Design and layout of communication materials for events, fundraising campaigns, outreach initiatives, including direct mail, email solicitations, and advertising.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related area; or specialized training and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated track record of success in providing administrative and/or marketing support
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, virtual meeting platforms
- Proficient in using design tools (i.e. Canva, Photoshop) to create digital and print media
- Skillful in editing and copy writing duties (e.g. for social media posts, comments, digital graphics, ads, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of current digital trends and social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube), etc.
- Experience with creating registration pages and email campaigns on platforms such as Donor Perfect and Constant Contact
- Strong written and oral communication in English and French
- Preferred experience with charities or social services
- Sound planning and organizational abilities
- Team-player who is proactive and has the ability to both self-manage and work autonomously in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with different deadlines
- Dependable, punctual, detail-oriented, independent problem solver with excellent follow-up skills
Remuneration and Benefits
- $21,840 to $32,032 annually (4-days per week), commensurate with experience
- Following a successful 3-month probationary period:
- 4% vacation indemnity (2 weeks); paid leave during December holidays (dates determined by the Executive Director)
- 2 sick days, 2 personal days, 2 family obligation days per year
- Group Benefits Package that includes Health and Dental, AD&D, life insurance, dependent life insurance, long-term disability, critical illness and access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Voluntary Retirement Savings Plan (VRSP)