3-4 days a week
The mission of Auberge Shalom pour femmes is to provide a safe shelter, counselling, and advocacy support for the full diversity of women and children affected by conjugal violence, as well as to break the cycle of conjugal violence through education, prevention and advocacy. Auberge Shalom pour femmes has a special mandate to serve women from the Jewish community. The organization operates from two separate sites. One site runs a 12-bed shelter and the other site is an external counselling office. Both sites offer a range of services to address the needs of women and children affected by conjugal violence.
We want you to be part of our team!
Enjoy advantageous conditions such as:
- Flexible hours and the possibility of hybrid work schedule
- Pension plan and group insurance
- 3 weeks vacation (6%) *
- 9 days of sick, mental health and personal leave *
- 5 additional statutory holidays (on top of Quebec statutory holidays) *
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities
- A collaborative and mobilizing management style and a supportive team
And many other benefits...
Make a difference, join the Auberge Shalom Team!
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Human Resources Coordinator is charged with providing the ASPF leadership and staff with human resources expertise in: recruitment and on-boarding, evaluation, professional development, benefits administration, health and safety, and HR policies. The key elements of the role include: cultivating employee development, fostering organizational culture and growth and remaining current and in compliance with employment laws, industry standards and regulations.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment & on-boarding
- Coordinate the full recruitment cycle in collaboration with the ED and Clinical Supervisor to meet the organization’s staffing requirements across all levels and establish best practices
- Coordinate ASPF’s on-boarding program and ensure a positive integration of new hires into the organization’s operations and work culture
Compensation and Benefits Administration
- Support employee enrollments to benefits and serve as a resource to employees to manage benefits and provider inquiries (group insurance and pension plan)
- Work collaboratively with ASPF’s finance team to ensure payroll and benefits reflects most up to date guidelines and policies
- Ensure all HR record keeping systems are accurate and up to date
- Conduct research on employee benefits and health practices and recommend changes to existing policies
- Coordinate pay equity filings and other HR focused projects
Wellness and Safety
- Develop and coordinate ongoing activities and training related to employee health and safety
- Support management with the implementation and monitoring of wellness and safety practices and policies
HR Policies & Operations
- Update and revise the Human Resources policies and procedures manual to align with the organization’s objectives and legislative requirements
- Stay up to date with regulatory changes and requirements to ensure compliance with HR practice
- Consult with the Normes du Travail, SPVM, Emploi Québec, CNESST, pension plan provider and group insurance provider, as required
Organizational Culture, Employee Relations and Professional Growth
- Foster a positive employee working environment, including the coordination of employee learning opportunities, professional development, needs assessment and measurement of training impact
- Support team building activities and staff appreciation initiatives
- Coordinate ASPF’s performance evaluation process and support leadership in implementation
- Support management in creating and implementing programs for employee retention and recognition
COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in a related discipline
- At least five (5) years of relevant human resources experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within and promote a respectful and collaborative work environment
- Experience and expertise in labour law, human rights, knowledge of current provincial legislation including employment and payroll standards, health and safety, organizational planning, recruitment, and employee development
- Irreproachable ethics, discretion and complete respect for confidentiality
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft office: competence in creating spreadsheets, presentations, reports and statistics
- CHRP designation
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Work experience in non-profit environment
- Cultural competencies and knowledge of Jewish community and customs
- Permanent position
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Schedule and Hours: 3-4 days a week
- Starting Salary: 31.16$/h
OUR UNIQUE CULTURE
Auberge Shalom is a special, highly inclusive work environment that values the role each employee plays in supporting our critical mission to break the cycle of intimate partner violence. Through both individual and group supervision driven by our supportive and learning- focused environment, coupled by our professional development/training opportunities, we strive for each employee to reach their full potential.
We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness, and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values strong work ethics, diversity and respect for all.
Please send a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience make you a strong candidate for this position along with your resume to [email protected]. Please indicate “HR Coordinator” in the subject line. We thank all those who apply but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Auberge Shalom pour femmes is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve and thus strongly encourages people from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.