We are currently looking to hire a Good Food Markets Assistant. This person will work with the Good Food Markets, which offer fresh produce to members of our community. They may also assist in preparing emergency food baskets for distribution.
The Good Food Markets offer local produce at affordable prices to members of our community. We run several markets each week in different locations within NDG, chosen because of reduced access to fresh fruits and vegetables by local residents living in those areas.
Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Help with the preparation, to set up and take down the markets;
- Stock market tables and make sure produce is fresh and presentable;
- Chat with customers, give advice, and sell market products;
- Operate the market cash register;
- Help with the loading and unloading of food deliveries (including heavy loads);
- Ensure a safe environment by enforcing hygiene rules related to COVID-19;
- Help with various tasks related to the Depot’s emergency food basket distribution service.
- In good physical shape (able to carry heavy loads), comfortable working outdoors;
- Comfortable interacting with people of different backgrounds in a positive and friendly way;
- Knowledge of fruits and vegetables and a desire to promote healthy choices (sales experience is an asset, but is not required);
- Ability to work efficiently as a member of a team;
- Knowledge of the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce community is a strong asset;
- A sense of initiative and a desire to take part in the adventure of life at the Depot and its markets!
Schedule and Contract Conditions:
- 10-week position, from August 22 to October 28 2022
- Work schedule: 24 hours per week, Tuesday through Friday, including Wednesday and Thursday evenings – exact schedule to be determined with supervisor.
- Salary: 17.00$ per hour;
- This position is being offered through the Canadian Innovation Fund. To be eligible, you must be:
o Between the ages of 16 to 30 (inclusive) at the start of the contract;
o Member of a linguistic minority (anglophone);
o Be legally entitled to work in Quebec and have a valid SIN number.
To apply, please fill outthis online form*: Application Form (https://form.jotform.com/222086893475265 ) . If you can’t accessthe form, please give us a call at 514 483 4680 x 208
Application deadline: This is a rolling application process. We will review applications as they come in, so please apply as soon as possible. Only those selected will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your patience and understanding.