We are seeking a seasoned food service industry veteran who is passionate about creating memorable dining experiences, building high-performance service teams, and delivering above-market financial results for an innovative new food hall in Montreal’s new Royalmount development. As the galvanizing force behind this new food hall concept, this individual will oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operation including Human Resources, Guest Services, Safety & Sanitation, Vendor Management, Marketing & PR, and On-Going Activations.
If this describes you, contact us today to join us on this unforgettable journey!
- Anticipate and exceed guest needs across all facets of the Food Hall operation
- Develop a market-leading beverage and cocktail program and ensure the quality and consistency in accordance with company's expectations and standards.
- Continuously monitor the day-to-day activity within the market and work with managers, vendors and cleaning and maintenance staff to deliver a friendly, efficient and memorable dining experience.
- Monitor guest satisfaction on all levels - reviewing and responding to all guest comments on relevant in-market, digital and social media platforms
- Ensure that talent and technical production (lighting, A/V, Music) are working in harmony to create the appropriate mood for the guests
Finance & Administration
- Work with the MTB Finance team in the development of the annual and monthly budgets; manage P&L and ensure managers’ report all variances on a timely basis
- Execute rigid cost-control standards to ensure adherence to budgeted cost models and profitability standards.
- Consistently monitor sales and expenses, approving all purchase orders before they are executed.
- Ensure inventory levels are maintained for facilitating proper food hall operations, enforce strict inventory controls, and participate in monthly inventory reconciliations in conjunction with purchasing and finance teams.
- Ensure that all products are received in accordance with the venues receiving policies and procedures
- Manage weekly forecasting of cost expenditures and line employee and third-party staffing vs. sales
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules.
- Support the timely and accurate completion of all period-end financial statements and reports, and provide controls to ensure proper handling and accounting for all restaurant receipts
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling procedures
- Develop and implement operating standards, policies, and procedures to be followed by the management team and vendors for optimal market performance and guest satisfaction
- Maintain frequent communication with the Ownership and the Executive Team to ensure they are aware of all major occurrences at the establishment
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the venues preventative maintenance programs
- Ensure that private events and banquet functions are successfully marketed, booked, communicated and flawlessly executed
- Maintain compliance with necessary operational policies, including: Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, Maintenance, Emergency Procedures and Liquor Laws
- Responsible for to hiring, training, management, coaching, counseling, and evaluation of all members of the Food Hall team
- Set the tone for an equitable and positive work environment, listen to and understand requests of the team, respond with appropriate actions, and provide accurate information
- Assist with and conduct conflict resolution, corrective actions and coaching. Ensure the rest of the leadership team adheres to these same standards and practices
- Develop skills of the management team and line staff in accordance with the succession planning goals set by the company
- Ensure that no members of staff are permitted to work if they fail to meet the wardrobe or grooming standards outlined in the associate handbook.
- Oversee and ensure that employee performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure health, safety, and sanitation requirements follow the Department of Health, OSHA, and any city or state agencies rules and laws such as the Department of Buildings and the Fire Department, and ensure all managers are kept abreast of any changes in the law.
Marketing Support / Revenue Generation
- Work closely with the public relations team on a marketing plan that results in optimum recognition and maximizing the footfall of the food hall.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitor’s activities to identify opportunities and key issues
- Oversee marketing and advertising activities to ensure consistency with product line strategy
- Work with Marketing Manager and management team to create an ongoing calendar of activations, cultural exhibitions, pop-ups, DJ’s, and live performances which are booked and executed to standard
Vendor Performance & Engagement
- Work with each vendor to ensure the delivery of the highest quality food offerings, developing a positive constructive relationship to ensure a productive flow of feedback
- Review all food and beverage offerings from the vendors and ensure that the quality, price point and style of the offerings meet the standards and expectations of our food-savvy guests,
- Evaluate all Vendor operations and meet with each group monthly to review their operations and ensure that the food hall remains the most memorable dining experience in the city.
- Constantly review and improve the Vendor mix and market occupancy to ensure maximum revenue potential for the market.
- Conduct a monthly meeting with all Vendors to review marketing, PR and social initiatives and to garner feedback on the operation.
- Maintain a positive and productive communication with each vendor group on an on-going basis
- Ability to work as a team, stay organized, handle various projects at one time, lead others, delegate
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in French and English, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients, and the public
- Ability to speak to guests fluently regarding the food, beverage, and overall concept
- Ability to demonstrate and impose upon service staff the ability to service guests with utmost of care, service and excellence, utilizing the highest standards of service techniques
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude always
- Ability to keep an open and objective view
- Ability to listen empathetically and be respectful always
- Ability to maintain composure and stay focused
- Ability to maintain personal integrity
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment, and work under pressure and meet deadline
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following support functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the Owner or Executive Leadership based upon the particular requirements of the operation.
- 21+ years of age
- Possession of or the ability to possess all required work cards
- Proof of eligibility to work in Canada
- Serve Safe Certified
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years of experience in the hospitality industry working in a high - volume food hall or multi-concept restaurant operation
- Proficient in Windows MS Office, Gmail
- Knowledge of POS and back-office reporting systems, operations, food hall or multi-concept restaurant operations, beverage service, special events and banquets
- Knowledge of profitability analysis and budgeting, cost of sales, payroll management, purchasing, receiving, inventories and cost controls as it applies to bar product
- Knowledge of regional and local laws as it applies to liquor, labor, and health code regulations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Must be able to read the computer monitors
- Must be able to print legibly for employees, management, and guests to read
- Must be observant and quick to respond to various situations
- Must be able to move quickly through work and set the pace in the office and/or venue
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must be dexterous and able to participate in all service aspects.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend, climb and carry as necessary
- Must be able to push and lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Ability to talk, hear, taste, and smell
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus