Location: MWS Camps Montreal, McGill University
Start date: June 26 - August 6,
Compensation: $200/day, 3-6 week contracts.
Established in 1983, MWS Student Camps has welcomed thousands of young people from more than 50 nations to our camps. From the beginning, we have strived to offer and operate innovative, vibrant, and exciting programmes. Our MWS Montreal Camp is centrally located at McGill University allowing us access to so much the city has to offer and immerse our students with Canadian culture.
Our French Language Teachers are responsible for the day-to-day lessons and activities that occur in the classroom. Our students come to our camps eager to learn a new language and participate in their lessons. Our students are divided into 3 sections: Junior 7-10, Intermediate 11-13, and Senior 14-17 and in the classroom, students are divided by age and level of French language ability. In this position, you will teach 6 hours a day (9am - 12pm, and 2pm-5pm) for 5 days of the week. (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday - Saturday). This position reports to the Teaching Director.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Teaching French as a Second Language to small class (average 12 students)
- Supervise and coordinate daily lessons
- Assist teaching director with assessment testing for arriving campers
- Work with other MWS Staff to create an inclusive camp community
- Promote and display MWS values
Qualifications & Experience:
- BEd or MEd graduate
- Fluent in French
- Emerging curriculum experience an asset
- Fluency in other languages is an asset but not required
Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please include the job title in the subject line.
Selected candidates will be contacted with interview offers.
Please visit https://mwscamps.com/about-us/ for more information.