WORK AND PLAY IN LANAUDIERE!
The English Community Organization of Lanaudière (ECOL) is presently looking for an Executive Director.
The Lanaudière region, just north of Montreal and Laval, has something for everyone: culture, heritage, nature, recreational activities, educational opportunities, multiple services (including English schools)… and a strong community sector.
ECOL, incorporated in 2012, has three service centres in Rawdon, Mascouche and Repentigny. Here we find a wide variety of services and activities offered to the over 14,000 English speakers of the region. Some examples are weekly seniors’ wellness activities, community outreach, assisted access to health and social services in English, cultural activities, educational conferences and workshops, social get-togethers, early childhood initiatives, employment support, legal information, documentation and more. ECOL works with community partners to increase the availability of English-language services and information. We also represent the needs and preoccupations of English speakers to various stakeholders at the municipal, regional and provincial levels.
We’re recruiting for our next Executive Director. Will you be our next team leader? If so, you have:
- Solid management experience (financial, material and human resources)
- Experience in multi-project funding and management, including redacting work plans, completing grant applications and reporting on results
- Creating and tracking budgets
- Recruiting, training and supervising staff who work from various locations
- Knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of management vs. the Board of Directors and a willingness to work transparently under the supervision of the Board
- Great communication skills (written and spoken, English and French)
- Autonomy and discernment
- A valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle. You are willing to travel within the province for networking and professional development purposes.
- Interacting with individuals and groups
- Analyzing community needs and applying creative strategies to meet them
- Collaborating with various funders and community partners on different projects
You probably have also completed post-secondary studies in a related field and have had at least three years of pertinent hands-on experience in the non-profit sector. Bonus if you are familiar with the Lanaudière region!
Are you up to the challenge?
ECOL can offer:
- A flexible work environment, including opportunities to work remotely as well as on-site at our service centres
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities
- Mentoring and support in your role.
- Fair reimbursement policies for work-related expenses
- A full-time, permanent position with a salary scale ranging from $58 000 to $70 000 annually, depending on experience and expertise
- The pleasure of working in a beautiful, non-urban environment and all the attractions it has to offer
Hiring date: as soon as possible, although we are willing to accommodate a reasonable notice period for our star candidate and/or progressive entry to the position.
Come Work and Play in Lanaudière!
Please send your c.v. and a covering letter to [email protected] with Selection Committee in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!