Location: MWS Camps Montreal, McGill University
Start date: June 25 - August 6, Training days June 22 - 24. This is a residential position.
Compensation: $700/week, 3-6 week contracts. Contract terms include all meals, single room accommodation, and entrance to all excursions and activities. Staff will have 1 day off per week.
Established in 1983, MWS Student Camps has welcomed thousands of young people from more than 50 nations to our camps. From the beginning, we have strived to offer and operate innovative, vibrant, and exciting programmes. Our MWS Montreal Camp is centrally located at McGill University allowing us access to so much the city has to offer and immerse our students with Canadian culture.
Our English Language Camp Leaders are responsible for overseeing and supporting our campers throughout their stay with us. This role is residential and all staff will live on-site for the duration of their contracts. Leaders will be working with one of our three age groups: Junior 7-10, Intermediate 11-13, and Senior 14-17. Leaders will accompany campers on excursions to places like Ottawa, Quebec City, La Ronde, Alouettes Football games, and much more. Leaders will be responsible for a small camper group and be responsible for their care, supervision, support, and some programming of group activities. This position is supervised by the section directors.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervise campers on excursions, during activities, in residence, and at meal times
- Work with co-leaders to create an inclusive camp community
- Participate in training activities and workshops
- Work cooperatively with other MWS leaders and staff to ensure campers are safe, healthy, and happy
- Promote and display MWS values
- Assist Section Directors with other duties as assigned (i.e. night duty, supply runs, etc.)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-Secondary student or higher
- Fluent in English
- Volunteer and/or work experience with youth in a camp setting and/or educational environment
- Fluency in other languages is an asset but not required
Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please include the job title in the subject line.
Selected candidates will be contacted with interview offers.
Please visit https://mwscamps.com/about-us/ for more information.