Donor Relations Coordinator and Executive Support
Auberge Shalom pour femmes (ASPF) is a Jewish community-based center addressing
the needs of all women and children whose lives have been affected by conjugal violence
regardless of their backgrounds or religion. We provide a continuum of professional
services in both a shelter setting and in an external counselling office.
All services are provided in a safe, confidential and supportive environment. Auberge
Shalom is committed to breaking the cycle of violence through education, prevention and
We want you to be part of our team!
Enjoy advantageous conditions such as:
● Flexible hours and the possibility of hybrid work schedule
● Pension plan and group insurance
● 3 weeks vacation (6%)*
● 9 days of sick, mental health and personal leave*
● 5 additional statutory holidays (on top of Quebec statutory holidays)*
● Professional development and continuing education opportunities
● A collaborative and mobilizing management style and a supportive team
And many other benefits...
Create lasting change! Join the Auberge Shalom Team!
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the Director of Philanthropic Development and in close
collaboration with her, the incumbent is responsible for database management, processing
donations, supporting management in maintaining and improving donor relations (70%).
In addition, the Donor Relations Coordinator & Executive Support will assist the Executive
Director with organizational administration and participate in special projects (30%).
The specific responsibilities of the the Donor Relations Coordinator & Executive Support
include, but are not limited to, the following:
Coordination and support to the Director of Development (depending on the period
● Manage the database and donor portfolios:
○ Process donations, prepare donation receipts, tracking bank deposits, import
and export data, generate reports, and monthly financial results and integrate
new features, etc.
○ Perform various analyses and updates, review and modify donor database
○ Ensure quality and completeness of information in the donor database and the
portfolios of potential donors, maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of
○ In support of the Director, improve and document procedures and internal
controls related to the donation process
● Donor relations:
○ Respond to donations made by phone, prepare personalized thank you letters
and other correspondence related to donations
○ Maintain a high level of customer service to donors, volunteers and partners
and contribute to strengthening the relationship with donors of the ASPF
○ Participate in the implementation of the donor and partner recognition plan
Coordination and support to the Executive Director (depending on the period 30%)
● Participate in various special projects and work in collaboration with the Executive
Director and the various teams of the ASPF
● Facilitate the flow of information and healthy communication within his/her team and
the organization as a whole
● Participate in the improvement of internal organizational processes with the
● Support the general management of team meetings, team activities (teambuilding,
etc.) in the organization
● Draft official letters from the organization
● Prepare and file governmental documents required for the organization
● Answer incoming calls, greet clients and respond to requests when the administrative
support coordinator is not available
Performs all other tasks required in the performance of her duties.
● AEC or Bachelor's degree in communications, business administration, marketing
communications or other relevant field
● 2 to 3 years of professional experience in fundraising, donation processing or 2 to 3
years of experience in project/event coordination
● Good working knowledge of donor databases (preferably DonorPerfect) and
prospective donor tracking systems or demonstrated ability to learn new programs
● Fluency in French and English
● Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and Google Workspace
● Experience in planning and executing successful events and partnerships (an asset)
● Knowledge of the Montreal philanthropic community (an asset)
● Knowledge of the issue of domestic violence and women's rights would be
considered an asset
● Ability to manage and organize multiple files at once
● Detail oriented and thorough
● Impeccable sense of ethics, discretion and respect for confidentiality
● Communication skills, both oral and written
● Ability to evolve in a changing and growing work environment that
promotes respect and collaboration
● High level of motivation and demonstrated ability to build constructive
and effective relationships, both internally and externally
● Team player and collaborative
● Flexibility, creativity and adaptability
OUR UNIQUE CULTURE
Auberge Shalom is a special, highly inclusive work environment that values the role each
employee plays in supporting our critical mission to break the cycle of conjugal violence. We
provide a supportive and learning-focused environment where we strive for each employee
to reach their full potential.
We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness, and a safe, inclusive and
welcoming workplace that values strong work ethics, diversity and respect for all.
● Permanent position
● Start date: as soon as possible
● Starting salary: 32.09
● Flexible Work Schedule: 4 or 5 days per week; hybrid
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Indicate “Donor
Relations Coordinator and Executive Support” in the subject line. We thank all those who
apply but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Auberge Shalom pour femmes is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities
we serve and thus strongly encourages people from our diverse communities and people who
experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.
*note: prorated based on a 35h work week