Atwater Library and Computer Centre (the Library) is a community place! The Library is directly involved in promoting the development of the official language minority group in Montreal through promoting English-language libraries and community services.
The Connect Project is one facet of the services we offer to our community. We design and deliver free digital and media literacy workshops to adult beginner individuals and learning groups. The Digital Literacy Facilitator supports Atwater Library’s outreach and delivery of digital and media literacy services in the communities we serve.
Digital Literacy Facilitator:
The primary purpose of the Digital Literacy Facilitator is to equip learners with basic digital and media skills, answer questions, and provide encouragement. They will assess participant needs and adapt existing digital and media literacy training resources.
Learning sessions, whether one-on-one or in a group context, include explanations and demonstrations across different devices. The candidate will offer general troubleshooting and support to help ensure participants are able to access critical online information and services to work towards digital independence.
This position will regularly interface with the public in responding to technology needs in person, online, or in a hybrid environment. This position requires some on site hours, travel within the community, and virtual responsibilities.
This position is supervised by the Connect Project Coordinator. Some scheduling flexibility is available. Join us as a part-time Digital Literacy Facilitator!
- Facilitate workshops and courses in English, online or in-person, as requested - to help community members to use various electronic devices, access and navigate digital resources, mobile apps, and other tools.
- Develop, organize and deliver workshops on a variety of topics such as email, social media, basic computer / tablet / smartphone navigation, internet browsing, cloud storage, security, digital media (eBooks, audiobooks, podcasts), and more;
- Develop and refine tutorial materials targeted to specific learner profiles;
- Participate as a team member in the delivery of other activities and programs throughout the Library.
- be legally entitled to work in Quebec;
- be fluent in English; French skills an asset;
- possess strong interpersonal skills;
- be able to troubleshoot technical problems;
- have familiarity with various software (e.g. operating systems like Mac, iOS, Windows, Android) and devices (e.g. laptops, smartphones, tablets). Additional certifications on related software and equipment are an asset.
- be comfortable with a variety of social media and online programs;
- be able to work independently and collaboratively;
- be available to work a varied schedule, primarily mornings or afternoons;
- be interested in teaching or community development.
Atwater Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer: The Library is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for all applicants. We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Status: Part-time, contract
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: Work will be conducted in person and remotely
- Availability: Workshops take place Monday to Friday, any time between 10 am to 5 pm
- Rate: $20.00 per hour
- Immediate Supervisor: Connect Project Coordinator
- Posting Date: June 15, 2022
- Closing Date: Continuous
- Please send resumes to: [email protected]