Community Support Worker
Saint- Antoine 50 + Community Centre is a not-for-profit organization providing social services for vulnerable seniors in our community. Our goal is to support, and encourage their autonomy while helping them develop healthy lifestyle habits.
The Community Support Worker receives referrals, assesses the needs of potential members. He/she does follow-up visits, calls to members and volunteers and assures a link between them and other organizations and agencies. He/she also works with other staff members to enhance and compliment existing outreach services. Works closely with the volunteer coordinator to ensure an appropriate match for clients in need of friendly visits, friendly calls and accompaniments.
- Work directly with seniors to provide information and referrals.
- Support medical/grocery accompanying for seniors by volunteers.
- Provide assessments and visits to new and existing members.
- Support the Centre’s special events.
- Manage member’s files
- Administrative duties such as; (stats recording, budget management, report writing).
Bachelor’s degree or DEC in social intervention, social work, human sciences, geriatrics or any relevant experience or connected field of study
- Experience working with Seniors.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in both English & French
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Leadership and sense of Responsibility
- Capacity to analyze and adapt to changes.
- knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Pro and Publisher
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work autonomously
Full time position @ 35 hours weekly
Salary: $17.00 per hr
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.