Mandate and general responsibilities:
The outreach community worker, under management supervision, works with adults in the HLMs of Little Burgundy. This outreach work includes providing appropriate support to HLM residents in vulnerable situations and accompanying them in taking collective actions enabling them to take charge of their living environment.
- Develop bonds of trust with residents
- Listen to residents’ needs and interests
- Outreach, inform, guide, accompany, refer, and consult
- Support and accompany residents in actions and activities aiming to empower them
- Keep up-to-date log (attendance, frequentations, observations and evaluations)
- Participate in team meetings
- Help create action plans and activity reports
Qualifications and requirements:
- Technical or Bachelor degree in the social field
- 3 years of experience working with vulnerable clientele and in community setting
- Adaptability, analytical skills, good judgement
- French and English proficiency
- Social implication
- Listening & teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of living environments in HLM (an asset)
- Full-time 28 hours per week (with flexible hours)
- Salary: $19.00 per hour
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] before midnight on September 30th, 2022
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.