Carole & Andrew Harper Counselling Office
4 to 5 days a week
OUR MISSION & ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
The mission of Auberge Shalom pour femmes is to provide a safe shelter, counselling, and advocacy support for the full diversity of women and children affected by intimate partner abuse as well as to break the cycle of conjugal violence through education, prevention and advocacy. Auberge Shalom pour femmes has a special mandate to serve women from the Jewish community.
The organization operates from two separate sites. One site runs a 12-bed shelter and the other site is an external counselling office. Both sites offer a range of services to address the needs of women and children affected by conjugal violence.
We want you to be part of our team!
Enjoy advantageous conditions such as:
- Flexible hours and the possibility of hybrid work schedule
- Pension plan and group insurance
- 3 weeks vacation (6%)
- 9 days of sick, mental health and personal leave
- 5 additional statutory holidays (on top of Quebec statutory holidays)
- Professional development and continuing education opportunities
- A collaborative and mobilizing management style and a supportive team
And many other benefits...
Make a difference, be part of the Auberge Shalom Team!
SCOPE OF POSITION
Auberge Shalom pour femmes (ASPF) is seeking to bring a passionate and skilled clinical counsellor to our external services team. Auberge Shalom’s Harper Office provides counselling and advocacy support to help women heal from the traumatic effects of an abusive relationship. Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, this position will provide a range of supportive services to our clients; key areas of focus include case management, program development, accompaniments, advocacy, outreach and co-facilitation of support groups.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Trauma informed and Strengths-based counselling services to women
- Oversee telephone intake and support
- Crisis intervention and safety planning
- Outreach and education in the community
- Psychosocial assessments and record keeping
- Co-facilitation of support groups
- Legal accompaniment and advocacy
- Collaboration with all team’s clinicians
- Participate in the program’s development and growth
- Liaise with professionals and agencies
- Participate in team meetings, work planning, external committees and events
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in counselling/therapeutic support
- Holder of (or working toward) OPQ permit
- A certificate in trauma counselling is an asset
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of intimate partner violence and trauma
- Knowledge and experience working in a strengths-based and trauma-informed approach
- Openness to working from a variety of theoretical modalities
- Experience delivering culturally sensitive services in a multicultural environment including knowledge of Jewish community and customs is an asset
- Experience in facilitating support groups is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Flexibility and ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Creativity, passion, empathy, flexibility and motivation
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- Competitive rate based on prior experience and academic qualifications
- Starting salary: $31.16/hr
- Flexible Work Schedule: 4 or 5 days per week
OUR UNIQUE CULTURE
Auberge Shalom is a special, highly inclusive work environment that values the role each employee plays in supporting our critical mission to break the cycle of intimate partner violence. Through both individual and group supervision driven by our supportive and learning- focused environment, coupled by our professional development/training opportunities, we strive for each employee to reach their full potential.
We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness, and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values strong work ethics, diversity and respect for all.
Please send a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience make you a strong candidate for this position along with your resume to [email protected]. Please indicate “Clinical Counsellor” in the subject line. Only complete applications will be considered. We thank all those who apply but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Auberge Shalom pour femmes is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve and thus strongly encourages people from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.
*note: prorated based on a 35h work week