High Tech Genesis is seeking enthusiastic developers that appreciate the challenge of building complicated features with C++ in this multi-threaded environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of hands-on work experience on embedded software development for Datapath networking applications
- Extensive C/C++ programming language experience
- Embedded software development experience, particularly application and HAL development for embedded platforms for high performance, fault tolerant, high availability applications
- Knowledge of network protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP)
- Proficiency with multi-threaded programming
- Familiarity with developing software on multi-processor, highly concurrent systems
- Good knowledge of mutual exclusion, synchronization, interrupt handling, inter-process communication
- Practiced in designing high efficiency data storage systems
- Skilled with software development on Linux
- Able to work independently with high level guidance to achieve goals
- A team player who enjoys collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Proficient in implementing, testing and debugging with some or all the following technologies: Packet networking, Layer-2, VLAN, MPLS, Layer-3 Routing and Switching, BGP, Segment Routing
- Detail-oriented to ensure designs meet requirements, are easy to use for internal customers, and built to high quality
- Proficiency in working with Network Processors
- Skilled in debugging switching hardware entities such as tables, memory and packet buffers and to narrow down network and protocol failures is an asset
- Keen interest in software interactions with hardware
- Experience in designing high efficiency data storage systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 5: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Note 6: As of November 1, 2021, all staff must be fully vaccinated absent a valid exemption under applicable human rights law.