The successful candidate will use their skills and education to act as an extension to the intervention staff and the needs of our residents. The case worker candidate will be comfortable working alone but enjoy being part of a compassionate, caring team. Opportunities for advancement and educational workshops. A valid Quebec driver’s license is an asset. Knowledge of non-for-profits and community initiatives is also an asset.
Number of Hours: 16-24 hours
Hourly wage: $20.20-$24.56
Experience: Must have relevant experience
Education Requirement: Completion of collegial DEC and/or relevant
Start date: Immediate
Nazareth Community Located in the Shaughnessy Village area for individuals who have struggled with homelessness, mental health issues, addictions and PTSD. We provide assistance and support, offering programs and services that are adaptable to each individual with the focus on empowerment and cooperation.
Description of Case worker Position:
The primary job duty of a case worker is to coordinate services and support the client and the intervention workers.
- Empowering the client to move forward at their own pace, facilitating independence & creativity
- Assist in identifying the needs of the individual residents,
- Ensure that rules and regulations are adhered to
- Capable of completing client records, daily activity logs, and other reports as directed. (SOAP approach)
- Maintain confidential information within guidelines established by Nazareth Community Inc.
- Take appropriate action to deal with any emergency situation.
- Medication distribution
- Open and close the residence
- Assist with programs and field trips
- Take appropriate action to inform senior workers to deal with any emergency situation
- Help volunteers and students fulfill their commitment
- Community Outreach
Applications can be made by sending an email with a CV. Only the candidates that are considered will be contacted.
Contact person: Sheila Woodhouse – Executive Director email: [email protected]