POSITION: Bilingual Leisure Travel Consultant, Travel Call Centre
We are looking for experienced Leisure Travel Consultants who are confident they will provide Merit Loyalty customers with outstanding customer service in a fast-paced call center environment, for all travel-related inquiries including the planning/booking of their travel requirements. If you are an enthusiastic sales-oriented team player, this is the career for you! We offer an open ended, competitive sales incentive.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan itineraries; arrange accommodations, airline, cruise, packages, car rentals and other travel related services for clients
- Converse with clients to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required
- Stay educated on airline rules, regulations and current affairs
- Advise clients about passports, visas, foreign currency, travel insurance, excursions in resorts, etc.
Qualifications & REQUIRED Experience:
- Minimum 1-year Travel Consultant sales experience
- TICO/OPC Certification
- Fluent in French/English is considered an asset*
- Excellent customer service skills, especially phone etiquette
- Strong domestic, trans border, and international travel knowledge
- Past experience in a travel call center or leisure travel office
- Travel systems experience required (AMADEUS) an asset*
- Candidate must possess strong consultative selling skills and the ability to listen to the customer’s needs
- Office/Remote Work Available (appropriate internet connection is required)
- Current Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Friday 8:00a.m. – 8:00p.m. & Saturday-Sunday 10:00a.m. – 6:00p.m.
- Mandatory Rotating Schedule including evenings and weekends required
- Please note the hours of operation are subject to change and the Company reserves the right to adjust the schedule based on business needs.
WE ARE A CUSTOMER ORIENTED COMPANY WHO OFFERS:
- Competitive remuneration and employee benefit package
- Premium for evenings and weekends
- Genuine opportunities to develop yourself, professionally and personally
- A distinctive working environment that puts team members first
If you are looking for an opportunity to reach your FULL potential in the travel industry, APPLY TODAY at [email protected] and see why we’re different.
*We appreciate all applicants however only selected candidates will be contacted. *
Please Note: As part of Merit’s Selection Process, Candidates must consent to a thorough Background Check
The Company values diversity in the workplace and is committed to employment equity. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the company will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.