Champlain College Saint-Lambert requires the services of an ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT AGENT, CLASS I to work on a full-time position in the Continuing Education department. This is a regular position.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Business & Industry and International Services, the incumbent will perform a set of administrative and clerical functions of a relatively complex nature that support the courses and programs offered by the department, according to established methods and procedures.
The incumbent will work with one or more Pedagogical Counsellors and support a number of varied programs in the fulfillment of the role.
1. Perform administrative tasks relating to the support of the service for assigned courses and programs such as registration, preparation of certificates and diplomas, and the processing of student dossiers.
2. Provide excellent service to our clientele in answering inquiries both verbally and in writing, and when providing information relating to assigned department programs, courses, and services. Replace at the reception desk during breaks and absences as well as during peak periods.
3. Transcribe texts, create tables and graphics, keep databases and records up to date, book appointments, organize meetings and / or events and keep the program documents and information up-to date.
4. Seek out and collect information to be included in correspondence or reports; gather, classify and locate files as per established procedures.
5. Participate and contribute to the preparation of department events such as conferences, open house and graduation.
Must have a diploma of vocational studies (DEP) with appropriate speciality or a secondary school diploma (DES) or have a diploma or an attestation of studies which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
Minimum one (1) year relevant work experience.
Must be able to communicate proficiently in both English and French (verbal and written).
Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
The candidates must be:
Customer service oriented
Attentive to details
Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage concurrent deadlines
Candidates will be required to submit to language tests as well as Word and Excel tests.
Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (35 hours per week) Overtime and schedule changes may be required during peak periods
21.60$ - 24.15$
Expected Start Date
As soon as possible
Champlain College Saint-Lambert, a constituent college of Champlain Regional College, hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusiveness within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.