The Administrative Coordinator is an integral member of the YD team, supporting all staff and all YD programs in the community. The role of the Administrative Coordinator is to perform administrative tasks in an effective and timely manner to support and improve the work of the organization.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, and in conjunction with other staff and volunteers, the YD Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Act as the first point of contact for the YD, representing our mission and values at all times
- Respond to emails, calls, and in-person inquiries from all community members, volunteers, and seniors; answer questions to the best of your ability and pass them on to the appropriate staff member
- Book and manage all space rentals (add to calendar, process payment, and ensure that renters follow all rules and regulations)
- Communicate office hours / closures to the general public
- Ensure that the YD is in good standing with our community partners
General Administrative Tasks
- Keep all organizational files up-to-date and easy to reference; create new systems to help streamline processes, making things easier and more clear
- Order office supplies; coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
- Help to ensure that YD spaces are kept neat and tidy; communicate with cleaning staff as needed
Rabbit Hole Café
- Assist volunteer coordinators with running of the café on the day of
- Ensure that kitchen and basement are left clean at the end of the café
- Attend trainings and community meetings related to food safety and security, as needed
Assist with Finances
- Assist the Executive Director and YD bookkeeper with all financial matters, as needed
- Provide documentation of accounts payable and receivable in a timely manner to the bookkeeper
- Keep meticulous and detailed financial records for each month, including organized backup copies & share with bookkeeper
- Keep track of the distribution and reconciliation of office petty cash and deposit as needed
- Receive, process, record all donations (cash, cheque, and online), accurately and in a timely manner; record details of each donation in Donor Database
- Communicate with staff and provide all necessary documents to the bookkeeper in a timely manner for payroll
Assist the Executive Director and other staff as needed/as time allows
- Provide support to all staff with running of YD programs
- Assist with events, meetings, trainings and other workshops, as needed
- Assist with translations, as needed
- Interest and/or experience working in the community/non-profit sector
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented with an ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects at once
- Degree (Cégep or higher) in business or non-profit management, office administration or other, and/or office administration experience, an asset Excellent oral and written communication in English and French; ability to provide translation (English to French).
- Knowledge and experience with Quickbooks, an asset
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Outlook, Sharepoint, and database management software.
This position is permanent and part-time, 10 hours per week, Tuesday to Friday (with some flexibility), $19.00 per hour with generous vacation time/personal days.
Please forward a short (<1 page) cover letter and resume to the Executive Director, by email at: [email protected]. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Applications will be accepted & responded to on a rolling basis.