***As part of the Emploi-Québec wage subsidy program, Eastern Bloc is looking to fill a new position on our team.
Applicants must be eligible for an Emploi-Québec wage subsidy. Before meeting with you for an interview, you must ensure that you are eligible for this or another equivalent Emploi-Québec wage subsidy program. Please contact your Local Employment Centre for more information.***
Application deadline: September 6th, 2021 at noon
Interviews: September, 2021(to be determined)
Start date: September, 2021 (to be determined)
Approximate contract length: 30 weeks
Contract: Fixed-term, possibility of extension
Schedule, 30-40 hours/ week Compensation: $18.00/hr - negotiable
Eastern Bloc is an artists-run center that explores and pushes the creative boundaries situated at the intersection of art, technology, and science, as well as all other emerging digital practices. Eastern Bloc promotes audience participation, technological democratization, and the utilization of urban space via public intervention projects. Innovative in its nature, Eastern Bloc, through emerging artistic and technological practices, continues to advance a critical stance with regards to these many evolutions.
Under the supervision of the General Director and the Artistic Director, the position's main responsibilities will be to manage and oversee certain administrative and financial processes. The candidate will be responsible for bookkeeping and filing both physical and digital records, as well as assisting with various other related tasks, such as updating the budget, overseeing the payment of contractors, and aiding with grant writing.
- ● Prepare, plan, and keep track of the organization's accounting and billing operations;
- ● Draw up various documents: files, financial aid applications, statistics, inventories, letters, etc;
- ● Prepare cheques and bank payments for suppliers, as well as managing petty cash;
- ● Perform data entry tasks, including data management and accounting;
- ● Help prepare budget forecasts and annual financial statements for audit;
- ● Prepare financial quotes and update service contracts;
- ● Contribute in preparing grant applications and annual reports;
- ● Write and file tax return, including all other relevant tax documentation and receipts;
- ● Contribute to the implementation of new administrative systems and softwares;
- ● Offer insight into improving our paper and electronic filing systems ;
- ● Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in relation to administration and financing;
- ● Perform accounting support (sales reports, accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliation, etc.);
- ● Provide administrative support (supplier management, leasing and logistics support, etc.)
- ● Answer phone calls and emails;
- ● Assist in the management and tracking of EB members and memberships;
- ● Secretarial/management training - or any other combination of relevant experience;
- ● Experience in administration and/or financial management in an NPO or cultural enterprise (an asset);
- ● Knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft and Google Suite;
- ● Experience with Quickbooks Online ;
- ● Good administrative and accounting support skills;
- ● Excellent organizational and filing skills;
- ● Supports the work of colleagues and works collaboratively;
- ● Ability to manage multiple files simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- ● Fluency in spoken and written French and good knowledge of English;
- ● Comfortable operating in a digital environment;
- ● An interest in arts and culture.
- ● Good autonomy and initiative.Important mentions:
● The internship will take place on a remote basis until the opening of the organization's new offices in Montreal in fall 2021.
Interested candidates can apply by sending their CV, a cover letter, and confirmation of eligibility for the Emploi Québec wage subsidy program as a PDF document to [email protected] before noon September 6th, 2021.