Are you a motivated person who wants to work with the latest 3D printing technologies? Because we have the perfect job for you!
What we need :
Fablab Inc. is looking for a skilled worker with great attention to detail and a good general knowledge of 3D modeling and related software. You would have the opportunity to work with all the latest additive manufacturing technologies and take an active role in the production and preparation of our customers' orders.
This position is 100% working from the office. About 10% of this time with computers, the rest would be production and maintenance related tasks.
Who are we looking for :
The ideal candidate would have some experience in mechanical, technical or structural projects, as well as practical experience with hand tools. You would be called upon to clean, prepare, carve and even polish highly detailed parts in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.
Another aspect of the job would be production planning, where you would help with print layout as well as planning, so a basic knowledge of 3D design software is essential. This may involve tasks such as re-scaling or cutting out models to fit the print area, for example.
Required training :
- Have a basic understanding of traditional manufacturing techniques (machining, CNC, molding ...)
- Have a working knowledge of 3D printing technologies and / or experience using at least two of them.
- Have received training in 3D design technologies and have used some of these software (Solidworks, Autocad, Fusion 360 ...)
- Have a good knowledge of manufacturing materials, especially polymers.
- Be fluent in French, since most of our clients are local it will be impossible to communicate otherwise.
Bonus points if you are...:
- Passionate about additive manufacturing and its associated technologies
- You are already familiar with commercial or industrial 3D printing machines.
- Interested in performing repetitive manual tasks, while exercising your keen attention to detail.
- You are looking for a position where you can make a difference and be proud of your work.
- Ready to be part of a growing team of researchers, engineers and technicians passionate about their work.
- Live in the Montreal area (we are located in the Rosemont district next to the Plateau)