Job Types: Full-time, Permanent Schedule: 35 hours flexible (9-5pm) Location: NDG Montreal Salary: Sliding scale based on experience between 21-24$/hour Job start date: September 2022
Title: Administrative Assistant
Hear Québec is looking for a committed candidate to fill a position providing administrative support to our team. The ideal candidate will enjoy communicating with the public, have excellent knowledge of the Google Workspace and related applications, prefers to work in the non-profit sector and is an excellent administrator.
Major responsibilities: Administration
- General administrative duties
- Manage and update CRM - customer relationship management system
- Develop, edit and proofread content for all external communications
- Manage Google Workspace including other related apps
- Membership and registration
- Coordinate internal and external correspondence
- Maintain both digital and print filing systems
- Assist with financial tracking and reporting
- Manage inventory and office supplies
- Offer IT and tech support to the team
- Contribute to the special events
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar administrative position
- Post Secondary Degree (Administration is preferred but other fields are possible)
- Must be Bilingual English and French (Written)
- Excellent in organizational, time-management and work prioritization skills
- Eligible to work in Canada and come work in-person
- Experience with Google Workspace (Calendar, Sheets, Docs, Drive)
- Experience with CRM (National Builder)
- Experience working with people with a disability, specifically hearing loss
- Experience with non-profit organizations
Hear Québec is proud of its diverse, committed, focused and respectful staff and volunteers. With a dynamic and fast paced work environment, you would want to work for Hear Québec because;
- Hear Québec has a long history of growth and stability in the not-for-profit sector
- Creates opportunity for you to have a positive impact for your community
- Many opportunities for training and skills development
- Benefits such as two weeks paid vacation, flexible work schedule, sick and mental health days. Other examples of past benefits have been half day Fridays in the summer and mental health allowance
- Staff holiday bonus and time off in the seasonal holiday time including 11 Statutory holidays
- Team building activities such as beach days, staff meals and other related activities that help strengthen the healthy, fun and inclusive work environment
Please submit your CV in English plus a cover letter to [email protected] explaining how you meet the requirements and assets for this job. The subject line must read: Admin CV 2022. Applicants who do not follow these instructions will not be considered. Deadline to apply is September 20th, 2022.
Please note that this job supports people who self-identify as being part of under-represented groups, including those who are part of the LGBTQ2+ community, or as having additional barriers to entering or staying in the labor market. Priority will be given to persons with disabilities, especially those who are hard of hearing oral communicators.
About Hear Québec
Hear Québec is the only registered nonprofit organization in Québec which serves Anglophones affected by hearing loss. Hear Québec has been providing ongoing programs, services, and support to the hard of hearing community in and around the greater Montréal area since 1979 – over 40 years.
Many of our team and board members are people affected by hearing loss. We understand and are concerned with the struggles and the difficulties that people with hearing difficulties often experience in their daily lives. As a largely “invisible” disability, there are many “myths” and misconceptions about hearing loss. Our vision is a community where we can hear, be heard and thrive.