CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Emerging artists based in Quebec and working in any medium are invited to submit to the YES Pop-up Exhibition series titled WHAT THE POP! This series is designed to showcase your work while preparing you to continue to monetize your art.
WHY WOULD I WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN A POP-UP?
Pop-ups seek to help artists:
- Reach new audiences
- Engage with existing networks in an innovative way
- Test a new product
- Get a better understanding of their audience and clients
- Generate sales
- and all for free!
Our goal with this project is to offer support to emerging artists as you learn how to gain visibility, to monetize your art, build your artistic CV and make connections. This is a free opportunity designed to help you get some experience with selling or performing your art to a public audience.
The exhibitions will be preceded by 3 training sessions exclusively for participating artists:
- Telling Your Story, with CBC, Thursday, July 7, 2022, 6:30 – 7:30 PM
- How to Sell Your Work, Wednesday, July 20, 6:30 – 7:30 PM
- Creating a community on Social Media/Working in Alternative Ways, Wednesday, July 20, 7:45 – 8:45 PM
All training sessions will be offered online.
WHAT IS A POP-UP?
Pop-ups emerged in the last decade out of a need for increased accessibility to art and art spaces, all with a Do-It-Yourself philosophy. A pop-up is a short-term, non-traditional exhibition, held in a temporary and often alternative location, and can take on many forms.
WHEN & WHERE?
Four pop-up exhibitions, each showcasing a different group of artists, will take place in four different neighborhoods (Hudson, Verdun, Downtown Montreal, and Saint-Henri) between August and September 2022.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
- If you are an emerging artist with less than 5 years of professional experience in Quebec, read the submission guidelines for important information, including the full eligibility criteria.
- Fill out the registration form, including 5 – 10 examples of your work
- Everyone who applies will receive a response, regardless of whether or not they are selected
- Deadline to apply is Sunday, June 19, 2022, at 11:59:59 PM
- Need help in filling out the application? Sign up for our free workshop, Artistic Applications: Common Mistakes And How To Avoid Them (Monday, June 13, 6:30 – 8:30 PM).
Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about the series or the application process.
For more information, please contact Amanda Duriano Gavidia at [email protected]
This project is funded by: