Now Accepting Applications (recent graduates must apply in person)
The YES Internship Program helps young English-speaking Quebecers integrate into the job market and develop core skills in their field through on-the-job-training.
Paid Work Experience in Your Field of Study
CRITERIA FOR INTERNS
• Must be a maximum of 30 years of age at the time of selection
• Must possess a post-secondary degree (AEC, DEP, DEC, CEGEP, University)
• Have less than 6 months' experience in their field of study
• Be available for full time employment, and be currently unemployed
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or granted refugee status in Canada
• Cannot be in receipt of employment insurance benefits
CRITERIA FOR EMPLOYERS
• YES will reimburse the employer 50% of the hourly wages paid, to a maximum of $7.50 per hour worked.
• The remaining wages as well as 100% eligible benefits will be paid by the participating employers.
• All internships will be full-time positions of 30-40 hour per week as negotiated at the time of contract signing.
• All positions must add to the value of the organization and be career related
• Internships must be related to the interns field of study and contribute directly to their professional development
• Positions can not be a result of a layoff, maternity or sick leave
• Candidate cannot be a current or previous employee of the organization
• Employers may be required to pass a credit check prior to intern placement
Interested employers must send in a detailed job description and complete the application form.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Potential employers and candidates are required to complete an application form and provide additional documentation as required in order to establish eligibility. Once an appropriate match is made by our Internship Coordinator, you will be notified. Selection will be based on several criteria including the needs of both the employer and the intern.
• Interested candidates must submit a letter of intent and résumé and complete the Internship application available at the YES centre (666 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 700).
• Interested employers must send in a detailed job description and complete the application form.
• Potential employers and candidates may be required to provide additional documentation as required in order to establish eligibility.
• Selection will be based on several criteria including Employment and Social Development Canada's criteria and both employer and intern needs.
For more information, call us at 514-878-9788.
This program is in partnership with: